Pages

Monday 19 August 2013

Series Review - Beauty and the Beast


Beauty and the Beast is a show is loosely inspired from the 1987 series of the same name. It also draws it's basic plot from the classic fairy-tale we all know and love while being different enough for it to still draw interest from the viewers.

When I read the plot summary for this series, I'd have to admit I wasn't very interested and I pegged it as a "I'll only watch this if I run out of everything else to watch" series. Months after I had dismissed this series, a friend of mine who watched the show regularly pushed me to give it a shot and so I did. I had looked over this show but once I watched it, I was instantly hooked. I went into marathon mode and watched like 10 episodes in a day and I finished the entire first season in three!

Catherine Chandler, a detective, witnesses her mother being shot the same night she is saved from her mother's murderers by a supposed beast. Nine years later, a case leads her to discover that Vincent Keller, an ex-soldier killed in action during military service, is actually alive. As Catherine gets to know him, she starts finding out more about her mother's murder and about who (and what) Vincent really is. At the same time, they get to know each other and eventually fall in love with each other.

It may seem a bit "cliched" but I assure you this show is everything but cliched. It has amazing plot twists so it is perfect for fans of the thriller and suspense genre. It does seem like a show geared towards a more female audience but it has plenty of action too not just a mushy romance drama. It has a certain uniqueness to it and the female lead is awesome and kick-ass, she is a strong female character (much like Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games) not just a love-drunk, weak, hopeless girl who runs to the guy to always protect her. I should also say, I found the supporting characters wonderful. They are humorous, witty and real. They bring a lightness to the show so that it's not always a serious life-and-death situation all the time.

As a plus point for this show. It is jam packed with hot guys! Just more stuff to make it every girl's guilty pleasure! But it really is a good show with lovable characters you could connect with and a great plot line. The good news is its second season is gonna premiere soon so I can't wait for that! If you have not watched it you should catch up soon!


If you have any thoughts on this, please feel free to comment and don't forget to like this post! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment