Pages

Sunday 25 August 2013

Book Review - Pendragon Series by D.J MacHale


I was just going through my stack of books the other day when I found my Pendragon #1 - The Merchant of Death copy in the pile. It's not a very recent series (the first book was written in 2002) and it has been five years since I picked up this book so I decided to re-read it and I'm glad I did.

I remembered how much I adored this series. These books are seriously underestimated and under-read. I honestly thought it was quite popular but not many people know about this series and it saddens me that something with that much potential just does not garner the appreciation it deserves.

The series has a very unique plot and for all you Hunger Games fans book 6 of the series is a MUST READ.


Bobby Pendragon is a seemingly normal fourteen-year-old boy. He has a family, a home, and even Marley, his beloved dog. But there is something very special about Bobby. He is going to save the world.

And not just Earth as we know it. Bobby is slowly starting to realize that life in the cosmos isn't quite what he thought it was. And before he can object, he is swept off to an alternate dimension known as Denduron, a territory inhabited by strange beings, ruled by a magical tyrant, and plagued by dangerous revolution.

If Bobby wants to see his family again, he's going to have to accept his role as savior, and accept it wholeheartedly. Because, as he is about to discover, Denduron is only the beginning....

The book just throws the read into a fast-paced, entertaining journey. The entire series is a thrill ride and there is never any lack of imagination or creativity in this work of art. I loved that the concepts were very sound and there were never any loose ends in his explanations to nag at me when I read the book.

D.J MacHale really worked things through before finishing the series because everything fit together like pieces of a puzzle at the end and I loved every moment of it. The characters were awesome and cool, they had good qualities and bad. They weren't perfect but hey, none of us are. Even though the situation these characters were in was impossible I still felt like I could relate to how they must have felt.

I especially loved the crises each different place had, you'd think that one would be bored after ten books but that was not the case at all. I adored watching the characters grow together and how their situation shaped them. I also thoroughly enjoyed the villain (I know! the villain!). He was just so enticingly evil, you could never predict what he'd do next or how heartlessly he could destroy things. It intrigued me how a character could be so completely dark.

I honestly wish I could just get my mind wiped and re-read the awsomeness all over again for the first time. This is one of my most favorite series ever and I give it.......


If you have any thoughts on this, please feel free to comment and don't forget to like this post =)



No comments:

Post a Comment