Pages

Saturday 17 August 2013

City of Bones Pre-Movie Review


Hey Guys! City of Bones just happens to be one of my most favorite books EVER! I'm am ecstatic that the movie is being released in TWO WEEKS!! Arrgh! I can't wait for two weeks! I want my movie now!


*I'm gonna be in hyper-excited minion mode till the movie releases* As much as I am excited about this I still can't help but worry how the movie turned out. As all good books turned into movies, i expect a lotta stuff to be missing and a lotta stuff to be made up (for those of you who watched Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, you guys know what i'm talking about).
The trailer was awesome! I loved the graphics and CGI but I couldn't help noticing a lotta changes too! Well, I guess I'll be posting a follow up about this in two weeks! But I have to say, I loved the casting for this movie (with exceptions of course)!! It feels like my imagination is finally coming to life.


Lily Collins as Clary - I love her. I absolutely love her! Not only is she beautiful, she is an amazing actress as well (Mirror, Mirror) and I think she will portray Clary well.


Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace - Okay. This was the exception I was talking about. What the hell? I for one was kinda disappointed with this casting. Not that I have anything against the actor, I just felt like he wasn't really Jace. But hey, who am I to judge? Maybe he can pull this off, I was kinda hoping for Alex Pettyfer actually.


Kevin Zegers as Alec - EEEEEKKKKKK *fangirling* HOTT HOTT HOTT HOTT HOTT. I have nothing else to say.


Jemima West as Isabelle - I like her. She is a spunky, cool and lovely actress. A bit short for the role, but nothing heels can't fix!


Robert Sheehan as Simon - I was really pleased with this casting because I honestly think he is a versatile actor and the "geeky" to "hot" transformation is gonna be awesome!


Godfrey Gao as Magnus - *faints* BEST. CASTING. EVER. He is PURRFECT. I was really happy they cast an ethnically correct actor for this role, not to mention he is smexxyy! I think I will be anticipating this role the most. I'd love to see him as Magnus Bane the eccentric and flamboyantly gay wizard. I think i'd die trying to imagine the chemistry between Godfrey Gao and Kevin Zegers.


Johnathan Rhys Meyers as Valentine - WOW. This is exactly how i'd imagined Valentine. I feel like they took this guy right outta my head and into the movie!

Clearly, I'm a huge fan of the book. I hope they don't mess this one up and stay more or less true to the original story! This movie was my most anticipated one for the year (okay, maybe with the exception of Iron Man 3).
Sigh. I know it's only two weeks but it feels like an eternity! Remember to catch this movie coming to cinemas August 27.

 If you have any thoughts on this, please feel free to comment and don't forget to like this post! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment