Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

Book Review - Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer

That was my face when Scarlet was released.
This was my face when I realized Cress would be released in 2014. Thus began my journey of ultimate self-control and perseverance. I had to put off reading the book to shorten my waiting time for the third one. But alas, I could only get so far before I tore the book apart and read from cover to cover and let me say, I was not disappointed.
That was my face throughout the entire book. I loved it so much I was in tears the whole time. Scarlet, Scarlet, Scarlet, Scarlet, Oh, Scarlet. I adored Scarlet. I think I love Scarlet even more than I love Cinder (which I did not think was possible).

I ate the whole book up in hours! The book was amazing, Marissa Meyer captivated me with this one and now i'm never gonna let go. I loved the POV switching with Scarlet and Cinder. I could not stop turning the pages! I was bewitched with Scarlet's and Wolf's enticing love story, I laughed out loud at Captain Thorne's remarks and I cried with the characters I hold so dear to me.

The story-line is simply incredible. The deep setting of this book and the connection between Scarlet and Cinder surprised and shocked me. Marissa Meyer's writing was flawless and the back-story just fit so perfectly together it was PERFECT. I for one, am a tough person to please, especially when it comes to the characters.

I don't know what it is about these characters but I adore each and every one of them so much. There is just something about Meyer's story and characters that enticed me (yes, even the evil Queen Levana!). This book is perfect and I think it could fill the hole in my heart left by the Harry Potter series.

This book was ideal, splendid, superb, excellent and any other adjective that is synonymous with immaculate. Now, I shall resume tearing my hair out in anticipation for the third book of this series while stuck in book limbo. 2014 could not come soon enough.

If you have any thoughts on this, please feel free to comment and don't forget to like this post! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment